If you want an authentic safari experience this is the way to do it!
- Arrive at Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport or by road transfer, preferably by 13h00 at Perry’s Bridge in Hazyview.
- Your Open Safari vehicle will be waiting for you and the adventure starts here!
- Once you enter the Kruger Park your afternoon safari begins and we’re off to search for the Big 5!
- We’ll stop for lunch (own account) at one of the Rest camps in the Kruger Park and check into your Rondawels or Tent.
- After lunch we’ll set off again in our open safari vehicles. The tiered seating offers the best viewing and photo opportunities.
- Join your guide tonight for dinner, either in the restaurant or at your tented camp.
- After dinner try some star-gazing! On a clear night there is a galaxy of stars waiting to amaze you!
- Snuggle up in your cozy bed and hear the symphony of animals as they communicate during the night! This is the way to feel at one with nature!
- You’ll be up early this morning. Depending on the time of the year it can be as early as 04h30. The earlier you get going, the better your chances are of seeing animals, especially the big cats. But remember this is a huge wilderness area and it takes time to find animals.
- At about 10h30 you’ll stop for brunch at one of the Rest camps in the Kruger Park or at a remote picnic spot. From mid-day the animals are taking a siesta and it is difficult to spot them resting under a tree or bush in the shade, so it is time for siesta for the humans too, or you can spend some time cooling off at the swimming pool.
- We’re off on another game drive later in the afternoon once things have cooled down and the animals start moving around again.
- A delicious dinner awaits us again tonight, and you’re invited to spend some time around the fire with your guide to discuss the day’s sightings. Hopefully you’ll also hear the distant roar of a lion or the call of a Hyena!
- It’s another early morning, and a last chance to enjoy game viewing with your guide to search for animals, big and small.
- It will also be your last brunch at about 10h30, before leaving the Kruger in time to meet your transfer or flight.
- We hope you fall in love with all the Kruger Park has to offer as you get close to nature for an enthralling experience.
Please come back soon!
2 night’s accommodation in a choice of either tents or rondawels
TENTS have shared facilities. The bathrooms for tents are communal (shared with other people so NOT private en suite bathrooms or toilets). There is plenty of hot water for showers and toilets are clean flushing toilets.
RONDAWELS have private en suite bathrooms with either bath and toilet or shower and toilet.
2 x Dinners
2 x breakfasts/brunches
2 x nights KNP conservation fees
3 x escorted game drives in an open safari vehicle (afternoon, full day and morning)
FGASA/Theta registered guide for 3 x days
Chef and camp assistant (Tented option only)
All bedding & towels
Meals not specified
Drinks other than mineral water. Drinks (soft and alcoholic) are available for clients to purchase from shops in the camps.
Transfers to and from JNB or MQP
Items of a personal nature
- We cannot guarantee the availability and schedule of 3rd party operators.
- We reserve the right to utilize the services of an alternative service provider.
- Pick up and drop off for all tours is free from certain central areas. Please check when booking tours if your pick up and drop off point is free of charge.
- All tours operate with a minimum of 2 people unless otherwise stated.
- For Conditions of Charter please contact Hylton Ross Touring or visit www.hyltonross.co.za.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee any specific animal sightings or interaction with animals as these animals are all in their natural habitat and wild. This also applies to any tour where we advertise interaction with animals in conservation projects.
- Hylton Ross Touring reserves the right to terminate tour services if children are not behaving properly or causing disturbance.
- Entrance fees charged by third party service providers may be charged for children under 12 years.
- In order to qualify for children’s rates (when children’s rates are available), the child must be accompanied on the tour by 2 adults.
- Children under 8 years are only permitted on game drives on a private tour, and on certain tours at the discretion of Hylton Ross Touring and third party service providers.
- Passenger liability – R200mil