Since 1978, Mercy Ships has delivered services to more than 2.71 million direct beneficiaries. The countries served by Mercy Ships are ranked as the poorest in the world by the United Nations Human Development Index. Mercy Ships has provided services and materials in developing countries valued at over $1.53 billion, including the following:
- Performed more than 95,000 life-changing or life-saving operations such as cleft lip and palate repair, cataract removal, orthopedic procedures, facial reconstruction and obstetric fistula repairs.
- Performed 445,000 dental procedures for over 175,000 dental patients.
- Trained more than 6,315 local professionals (including surgeons), who have in turn trained many others.
- Trained 42,250 local professionals in their area of expertise (anesthesiology, midwifery, sterilization, orthopedic and reconstructive surgery, leadership).
- Taught over 239,000 local people in basic healthcare.
- Completed over 1,110 infrastructure development and agricultural projects.